We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://westsoar.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“We/Us/Our” means Soar Mill Cove Hotel, a partnership registered in England, whose registered address is Soar Mill Cove Hotel, Salcombe, Devon TQ7 3DS.
2. Information About Us
- Our website is owned and operated by Soar Mill Cove Hotel, a partnership registered in England, whose registered address is Soar Mill Cove Hotel, Salcombe, Devon TQ7 3DS.
- Our VAT number is 31386276.
2.1 Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Keith Makepeace and can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01548 561566, or by post at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, Nr Salcombe, Devon, TQ7 3DS.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. Your Rights
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
-The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
– The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
– The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
– The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details in section 14);
– The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
– The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
– The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
– Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
– If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
– For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
5. What Data Do We Collect?
- Name; date of birth; gender; business/company name; job title; profession;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- Allergies and illnesses for our spa and food services;
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
6. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
– Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
– Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
– Supplying Our products and/or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
– Personalising and tailoring Our products and/or services for you;
– Replying to emails from you;
– Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing Keith@soarmillcove.co.uk ;
– Market research;
– To send you non-marketing/transactional communications;
– To send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you and collect payments from you;
– Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
– With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message, or post with information, news and offers on Our products and or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
– Third parties (including Gift Voucher Brilliance and The Wow Guest Group) whose content appears on Our Site may use third party Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites over which we have no control, and are not responsible for. Please refer to their privacy policies and practices.
– Campaign Monitor: We use Campaign Monitor to collect your personal information and for mailing purposes. See Campaign Monitor’s policy here.
– Google Services: We use Google Analytics to track and report our website traffic. See Google’s policy here.
-Gift Voucher Brilliance: We use Gift Voucher Brilliance to collect your personal data to provide gift vouchers. See Gift Voucher Brilliance’s policy here.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
– We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
– We carefully consider the personal data that we store, and we will not keep your information in a form that identifies you for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this notice or as required by applicable law. In some instances, we are required to hold data for minimum periods: for example, UK tax law currently specifies a six-year period for retention of some of your personal data.
7. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by up- to-the-minute Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database which keeps your personal information secure and only accessible by those with authorised access rights. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
8. Do We Share Your Data?
– We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
– In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
– We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
– In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
9. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
– In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
10. How Can You Control Your Data?
– When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
– You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
11. Your Right to Withhold Information
– You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
12. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact details below in section 14.
13. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
14. Contacting Us